Today is National Mutt Day. Yeah for mutts!
Here are 10 of the 50 Ways to Celebrate from National Mutt Day. (Visit for the complete list)
- Adopt a Mutt from your local shelter or rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a Mutt or play with a Mutt, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Offer to walk the MUTT of an elderly neighbor.
- Have a portrait painted of your Mutt to suspend the fleeting magic of muttdom.
- Buy your Mutt a fun new dog toy.
- Brush your Mutt to reduce shedding and mutted fur.
- Take your Mutt to the dog park for a romp.
- Hire a pet photographer to capture your Mutt’s life moments.
- Pamper your Mutt with a massage.
- And last but not least – pledge to never yell at or hit your Mutt…to be patient and kind and give your Mutt lots of love and praise every day.
And from Happier, a fun infographic Why Pets Makes Us Happier.